+

Rajasthan: 3-Year-Old Girl Dies Of Suffocation, Parents Forget Her In Car While Attending Wedding

A three-year-old girl died after being locked in a car when her parents forgot her while attending a wedding in Rajasthan's Kota, PTI reported on Thursday, citing police. The incident took place in Jorawarpura village on Wednesday evening, and the police identified the deceased girl as Gorvika Nagar. When her parents realized she was inside […]

A three-year-old girl died after being locked in a car when her parents forgot her while attending a wedding in Rajasthan's Kota, PTI reported on Thursday, citing police.

The incident took place in Jorawarpura village on Wednesday evening, and the police identified the deceased girl as Gorvika Nagar.

When her parents realized she was inside the car after she had been locked inside for about two hours, she had passed away. According to the authorities, the family of Gorvika rejected both an autopsy and any police investigation into the occurrence.

The victim's father, Pradeep Nagar, along with his wife and two daughters, went to Jorawarpura village in Kota to attend a wedding function.

After reaching the venue, Gorvika's mother and elder sister got out of the car, and her father went to park it. Pradeep Nagar thought Gorvika had left with his wife and elder daughter, so he locked the car after parking it. Meanwhile, Gorvika's mother thought she was coming with her father.

The family was unaware that the child had stayed in the car during the wedding reception. Her father believed she was with her mother, while her mother believed she was with her father, according to a PTI report citing Khatoli police station SHO Banna Lal.

Finally, after two hours of mingling with different groups during the ceremony, they realised the child was with neither of them and rushed to the parking lot to check on Gorvika.

They found her lying unconscious in the back seat of the car and took her to the nearest hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead.

Last Month, a seven-year-old boy and his five-year-old sister perished in Mumbai from asphyxia after being left inside an abandoned automobile.

According to police, on April 24, around 1:30 p.m., Sajid Mohammad Shaikh and his sister Muskan Shaikh walked outdoors to play near their one-room home in CGS Colony, Sector 5, Sion Koliwada.

They probably wanted to escape the heat, so they got into an abandoned automobile that was parked a hundred meters from their house. They were confined within.

Tags:

DeathKotaRajasthanTDGIndia Herald