+

10-year-old dies after eating poisonous birthday cake

A 10-year-old girl named Manvi passed away from suspected food poisoning after consuming a cake on her birthday last week in Punjab. Her family, including her younger sister, also fell ill after eating the cake, which was ordered online from a bakery in Patiala, according to her grandfather. A video widely shared on social media […]

A 10-year-old girl named Manvi passed away from suspected food poisoning after consuming a cake on her birthday last week in Punjab. Her family, including her younger sister, also fell ill after eating the cake, which was ordered online from a bakery in Patiala, according to her grandfather. A video widely shared on social media showed Manvi celebrating with her family just hours before her tragic death.

The incident occurred on March 24, when Manvi cut the cake around 7 PM. By 10 PM that same night, the entire family had fallen sick, with the sisters experiencing vomiting shortly after consuming the cake. Manvi, in particular, complained of extreme thirst and dryness in her mouth before going to sleep, her grandfather Harban Lal mentioned.

The family took her to a hospital the next morning as her condition worsened. Despite receiving oxygen and undergoing an ECG, she could not be saved and was declared dead shortly after arrival, Harban Lal stated.

The family suspects that the chocolate cake from ‘Cake Kanha' contained a poisonous substance. An FIR has been lodged against the bakery owner, and investigations are ongoing. “The postmortem has been conducted, and a sample from the cake has been sent for testing. We are awaiting the reports,” they stated.

Tags:

birthday tragedyfood poisoningpoisonous birthday cakePunjab